Saturday, April 30, 2011

A new beginning

Yesterday my husband was talking to his brother - just doing a little catching up - and mentioned that I was doing a lot of painting.  My brother-in-law seemed interested in seeing some of my work so I suggested that he go on Facebook and he could view some of my recent work.

Well, would you believe...he's not on Facebook!

So, here I am trying to figure out how to design a blog and post some paintings.  This is definitely a work in progress.  Bear with me as I scramble to learn yet another program.  Hopefully there will be upgrades along the way and obvious learnings to be viewed.

I began painting several years ago - just signed up for a watercolor class.  It wasn't until much later that I discovered I had begun my 'art career' with the most difficult medium.  During that first class, my instructor said, "You could probably be a better painter if you learned to draw!'  Actually, that was helpful advice. So, I started taking drawing classes.  One thing led to another... I joined St Michaels Art League (stmichaelsartleague.org) and got involved with the local art community.

I shall try to post occasionally - not yet ready for a daily post like some of my friends are doing.

For a start here are a few of the things I am working on -  this is one of my granddaughters from a recent 'spring break' vacation to the beach.  She was so excited to be burying her knee.  This is a pastel with a watercolor under painting.

Another pastel with watercolor underpainting.  We had a wonderful trip to Puerto Rico this winter and discovered a lovely botanical garden in Caguas.  This is a view from an old rum distillery.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogworld Jo! You're going to love it. And I'm going to love seeing all your new posts.

    ReplyDelete