Saturday, September 17, 2011

Graeme's Shell

It has suddenly turned cold and I am trying to hold on to summer - just a little longer. I am hoping that this painting will continue that summer/beach feeling.

Last spring when we were on vacation with some of the grandchildren, there was considerable energy around daily shell collecting.  I had asked the grandchildren to collect lots of tiny shells for me for "The Box" (see May 1, 2011 post).  Well, they also came back with some ginormous ones. They were bigger than our hands! We didn't know what kind of shells they were, but they had wonderful color and interesting barnacles on them. We just couldn't being them all back home so Graeme asked if I would paint this one for her.

I delivered the original painting to her this past week.  Happy Birthday, Graeme.

No comments:

Post a Comment