Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pastel Class Project

I don't know how I get so busy - I have been away from my blog for a month.

This week I had my last pastel class for the fall.  It has been such fun - four weeks of 'still life' and then five weeks of 'face and figure' - great instruction and very challenging.  For the past four weeks we have had models in class, but this week we were working from photographs.

We were to bring in photos with people...  I spent some time looking through my picture files - it seems I have literally thousands of pictures - and found several that I have wanted to paint.  I finally settled on this one.  I did the drawing and underpainting before class and then worked on the pastel painting during class time.  There is still some touching up I want to do, but I did have fun with it.

This adorable little girl is now twelve - how is that possible?



 

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! Thanks for sharing your artwork. Beautiful. It reminds me of when I had young ones and we used to visit farms, pet the domesticated animals, watch them milk the cows and feed the goats.

    ReplyDelete