Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sketches, Cards and Prayers

For a few years now I have been doing watercolor and ink sketches and then making them into note cards. It's easy to scan the sketches into my computer and then format the notecard.  It's fun to print them off and package them as gifts.

Interestingly, I learned how to do this as the world is in high gear and everyone is now emailing (facebooking, tweeting, etc.) each other.  It seems there are few of us left who actually write notes and put a stamp on an envelop!  Be that as it may, I love making the cards... and I do use them, too.

Another piece of my life is as chair of a group at my church called the Prayer Companions.  This is a group of committed individuals who agree to pray daily for special needs of our congregation (and others). Someone asks for prayer and I send out the call to our group.  I also offer to send a card to the person for whom we are praying to let them know we are praying for them.  For the past few years I have been sending a card with a photograph of the church.  It occurred to me that the church building would make a great sketch, so this week I have been working on two different views.





This afternoon I printed out a couple cards with the new sketches.  I think they turned out pretty well. Welcome to Trinity Cathedral on Goldsborough Street in Easton, Maryland.

2 comments:

  1. Our time in Easton was a lovely interlude and Trinity the better part of it. Leigh's professional conference in March will bring us to Washington. While seeing my dad in Virginia remains the priority, Maryland is tantalizingly close....
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete