Thursday, February 28, 2013

Back to the real world . . .

It's cold and rainy again today.  We have been home for a week, having spent a wonderful five weeks in sunny, warm Puerto Rico.  Re-entry is not easy.

Our time away was 'carefree.'  I made the decision before we went that I would NOT let my real world interfere with being in 'slug mode.'  Five weeks of relaxing, reading, swimming, sketching (a little) and generally doing nothing.  Aaahhhh!  Do you suppose slugs really feel this good?

A few days ago I scanned some of my Puerto Rico 2013 sketches into my computer - reminders of those easy days.

There is a round - a - bout on one of the roads going to our villa.  Last year the community placed a water sculpture in the middle.  The soaring silver birds and water are very welcoming!


We took a day trip to Old San Juan.  This is a view (just one of many!) from El Morro Fort.  The fort sits high on a bluff - fantastic views all around.


The big rock with two palms and some red flowers marks the path to the pool where I spent my mornings.  I swam laps and then joined in the informal water aerobics class.


The aerobics 'class' (I use that term loosely) was delightful - always full of laughter and stories. I now have a whole new set of friends (and exercises) and look forward to joining in again next winter!

Well, my daffodils are about to bloom, it's nearly March . . .I can almost smell spring. . .and the sun just peeked through the clouds.  Welcome home . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment