Friday, April 12, 2013

The Beach

For the past few years my daughter has invited us to join her family during Spring Break.  Everyone loves the sun, the ocean and the warm temperatures. So, we have been going to Florida together. We have been fortunate to rent a house on/near the beach  - with a pool.  This has given us options for swimming and even more ways to have fun.

I take my sketchbook so that I can capture some of the fun.  A couple years ago the girls wanted to paint in my book, too.  A tradition was started. This year the younger two asked to paint - so here are their "Spring Break 2013" paintings!


This one was done by 8 year old, Winnie.  She's got it all in there - the girl in the beach chair; the sand castles; waves and water - including fish; the crazy pelican with a fish in its mouth (we watched LOTS of pelicans diving for fish!); many shells; and of course, the sky and sun.


And here is 6 year old Hildry's painting. She wrote the title "boat with people in it." She worked really hard on the planks of the boat and the waves in the water. She wondered about the boat being all one color - "that would not look good" - so we blotted the wet paint to give it some interest.  I love it that the people each hold a paddle and are saying "Hi".

Sharing my sketchbook with them has been such fun.  I love seeing their imaginations at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment