Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spring Break Sketches

Today I am looking at my computer desktop which is crowded with pictures. All this means is that I am in 'doing too many things at once' mode. I drag files and pictures that I am working on to the desktop until I am finished with them (and am reminded that I am not done) and then they hit the trash. . . they disappear from view.

So, today I am looking at all the photos and notice that some of my sketches from Spring Break are still there. Oh yes, I was going to post them after I posted the ones that my granddaughters did . . .a month or so ago!

Well, here are a few - I love doing rough sketches. The quick, pen and watercolor images remind me of the fun vacation times and also reflect the easy lifestyle of laid-backness. No attempt to get it all right - just capture a memory.

This is the beach house where we stay. It really is on the beach and has this great deck overlooking the gulf.



This is another page of the sketchbook. This the front of the house  - surrounded by plantings. On the right is a sketch of one of the flowering 'things' - I confess, I do not know what it is, just that is was really colorful and had a nice shape!




And here are some of the shells that the girls found on the beach. I love the crusty, barnacle-y ones.


Ahhhh, until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment