Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pine Corner

We have just returned from our summer trip to Vermont. This year we stayed at "Pine Corner" - that's the name of the 'camp' (that's what Vermonters call a 'cabin') on Woodbury Lake. It is a small, rustic building - uneven floors, outside shower (inside toilet - which is important...we have done the outhouse thing a few years ago!), screened porch and a wonderful view of the lake.

In the mornings, the mist on the lake was amazing - it is so soothing just to sit and look at water. I also love the feel of lake water - deliciously cool - perfect for swimming.

This view could probably be painted from many angles and at all times of the day, but I chose one morning to sit and sketch. This is so relaxing for me...and I loved capturing this scene in my sketchbook.


I like the way this looks without color...the looseness of pen and ink captures the feel of the morning. But, I had my watercolor travel kit with me and decided to experiment. So...


A bit of watercolor...and the reflections, which I realized I had not put in the original sketch. Ahhh, a lovely memory of a cool, summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment