Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Relax...maybe

For the past several years we have taken a few weeks and escaped winter. Yes, we became 'snow birds' and flew to Puerto Rico. We have rented a two bedroom condo on the beach and enjoyed the sunshine and warm temperatures.

I always take my sketch book with me to capture some of the local scenes. This year, in keeping with my effort to look at the familiar in a new way, I decided just to take it easy and to sketch the 'stuff' that was in the condo.

The condo is decorated with cutesy stuff - appropriate to the area and climate. I'll post some of those sketches at another time - today's story is about the new artwork that was hanging on the wall on the balcony.

In the past there were parrots, other birds and ocean 'things' adorning the balcony. Over time they weathered and have fallen off the wall. This year they were replaced by wooden plaques which have catchy sayings on them.

"Happily Ever After Starts Now" - nice sentiment for a vacation spot. "Better Together"- also nice for us old folks on a winter jaunt. However, I had trouble divorcing that one from the recent political campaign and the slogan "Stronger Together."

The third one was "Relax" - ahh, that was my favorite.

I thought it was pretty straight forward until... I came out on the balcony one morning and found 'relax' on the floor! What did that mean? Was I not relaxing enough? Was it trying to tell me to relax in a different way? Actually, I just laughed! There was 'relax' lying on the floor relaxing...

I hung it back up with the others and just decided to sketch it...


A fun reminder of a relaxing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment