Sunday, August 20, 2017

Labor Day Show...and Sale...and Demo

It's almost that time - the art league's annual Labor Day Show and Sale. We will be setting up our racks and hanging artwork in less than two weeks!

I was all ready last year to do a watercolor and ink demo and we got cancelled twice due to weather - so I'm trying again this year.

I will be painting a huge ice cream cone (6 scoops, I think). I start with a pencil sketch. Then I ink and finally paint. I will talk about and demonstrate how to make the ice cream look round on a flat piece of paper. I will ask "What is your favorite flavor?" We can paint that in.

Here is my practice demo...
"6 Scoops"   10.5x25  
Then I am providing paper, paint and brushes for YOU to try your hand at it. It should be fun
Here are some visual instructions.


Everyone gets an already painted cone... pencil, pen, paints, and brushes... go to it! Fill it with your favorite flavors.

My demo is 10:00-11:20 on Saturday morning, September 2.

The Show and Sale hours are:
Saturday, September 2 from 10:00 - 5:00
Sunday, September 3 from 12:30 - 5:00

Come find us - Under the tent on the lawn of St Luke's United Methodist Church in St Michaels!




No comments:

Post a Comment