Saturday, August 18, 2018

Fun with color

It was summer and so hot and humid...I really didn't feel like doing any painting. But, I knew I needed to stop staring at a blank sheet of paper. In class that morning a classmate and I just decided to start playing with color.

We did some wet on wet, dropped color, splashed paint...blowing paint around with a straw. Barbara, our teacher suggested that we try some small paintings. I don't think she was too excited about what we were up to. Camille and I were having fun and loosening up!

When I got home, I continued to 'play.' Everything looks better with a mat, so I matted some of these little experiments and found that I really liked them!

 It's fun for me to experiment with some abstract art. One problem I encountered, however, was that some of these could be viewed from different directions! So, where do I sign them?

I made up some screwy titles... and signed them in pencil. If someone wants them upside down, that's OK!


"That's the point"
"Reach out and touch someone"

"Starburst"
"Surprise package"

"Blue and Green Sparklers"
"Drips from 4 sides"

We have our annual Labor Day Show and Sale coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll have these and more for sale. Drop by St. Luke's Church in St. Michaels on Saturday, September 1 from 10-5 and Sunday, September 2 from 12:30-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment