Monday, October 14, 2019

Sky drama

In my last post, I wrote about my (sort of) aversion to landscape paintings. I find the stability of horizontal/landscape paintings is not inspiring for me. However, since my class was committed to work on skies, I decided to try to find the excitement of what I like about a vertical painting.

I again began with wet paper, but this time it was vertical. Unfortunately, I did not take photos of this process...I got too carried away with what I was doing! I used the same blue, red and yellow combination and 'globed' paint at the top of the paper.

I watched at it began to run down. When it slowed, I sprayed water on it in different places and continued to put more paint here and there. Spray...paint...spray...paint...  The colors were amazing! The drips created interesting shapes!


After it dried (that took awhile!) I darkened a horizon line and added a little soft color to the water.


Yeah, my horizon line is a little off...I'll fix that. But, I love the action and color in this! I guess I basically painted this sideways! Who knew you could do that?


No comments:

Post a Comment