Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Bragging...

A friend of mine recently told me that it really was OK to brag...   And, then there is that "don't hide your light under a bushel" thing... 

So - drum roll...I recently won Third Place in a (non local) art competition! A member of my art group belongs to an art league in a different area and is always urging us to enter their shows. The February show was themed 'Love, Love, Love.' 

I had just finished a pastel painting - see blog of January 12th - titled 'The First Grandchild.' It seemed like it fit the theme.

I received an email notice last Friday that my painting had been chosen and that there would be a zoom reception that evening.  I screen shot this photo as they were showcasing the award.



Thank you to the Art League of Ocean City (Maryland) for this honor! I was told that there were 70 entries and have enjoyed viewing all the artwork. You can view the exhibit and see the judge's comments at https://artleagueofoceancity.org/online-exhibits/

No comments:

Post a Comment