Saturday, October 23, 2021

Pouring over glass - artwork on display!

 Yes, I have become obsessed by this new (to me) art form. It's the most wonderful distraction from the world around me...and so much fun!

Here are a few more of my recent pours:

This first one... I love the shape of this vase and wanted to make it bright and distinctive. I used a bright red and blue and a dark green. As I poured I was really excited about how it looked. However, when it dried, it was very dull. Now, I know that this acrylic paint dries dull, so I thought I would just sprinkle some water on it (before I put the resin on) and see if it would brighten. It did! I loved it...until I touched it and found the paint washing off!

Not one to give up, I tried it again. Same result - it dried dull. This time I waited a few days and then put on a coat of resin. Ugh - I thought it was very dark and boring. 

Interesting, you can see all the bright colors in the drips, but the vase is really dull. My artist friends seems to like it that way. I wasn't so sure and just put it aside.  As few weeks later, I still didn't like it and started picking away at the resin. I found that I could peel it all off! 

This time I left out the dark green and added white to the mix of red and blue. I alternated the three colors in a cup and began to pour.  Look at the difference!

And here is what happened on the bottom!


It looks like I had some yellow in there which I had forgotten about! 

I am excited about its new look.

Here are just a few more: these photos show the wet paint before resin...and,

I can't resist showing you some of the bottoms!



This is a Ball jar - fun!


I mentioned in my last post that I had spoken to the director of our local library about displaying these pieces of art. Yesterday, I took 22 of them and put them in the empty cases in the gallery area of the St. Michaels Library! So excited to have them out there for everyone to see. I turned some of them upside down so you could see the surprise on the bottoms! (Sorry about the reflected light in the photo. It's a sunny hallway)



They will be there - and are available for purchase - at least through the month of November! Stop by the library at 106 Fremont St. in St. Michaels.






 








No comments:

Post a Comment