Saturday, November 5, 2022

Watercolor on Yupo paper

 I got out my watercolor paints for the first time in a long time. Time to get back to painting - playing - experimenting.

I began just dropping color across the top of the wet yupo paper. I sprayed it, held it up, and watched the paint run. More color and more spray. When I turned it upside down, I saw this.

So, what do you see? Maybe the beginning of a forest... If I drop in a little sunshine and 'find' the trees. 

Yupo paper is such fun. To find the trees, I wet a toothpick and trace the trees with it. Then gently blot the paint and it lifts off!


It seemed too RED ! I darkened the sides and defined some more of the trees. I also gently touched some of the wet paint here and there for texture. 


Getting there. Still too much red in the undergrowth so I added some 'background' and more tree definition.
"When the sun shines through the forest the trees begin to dance"

Kind of a long title but I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment