Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Ground Ball

I am going a little crazy here - playing with acrylic paint.  Since I don't really know what I am doing, I keep painting as if I were doing a watercolor or a pastel... and I do know that this paint works differently.  I feel like I am in some kind of art warp - remember that weird music from the Twilight Zone? (do-do do-do...)

I emailed this to a friend yesterday and her reply was basically - why not make an acrylic look like a pastel?... as long as it continues to be fun!

So, here is The Ground Ball... my second attempt with this new medium.  Since we can put two paintings in this exhibit coming up in July, I may be done.

The subject of this painting is one of my granddaughters (age 4) on the lacrosse field.  Speaking of fun... this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment