Friday, August 12, 2011

The New House!

We have recently returned from a lovely vacation in Vermont.  Leaving our hot, humid mid-Atlantic weather behind, we arrived at our 'camp' on Nelson Pond.  (I do not know why they call a 'cabin' a 'camp' but that's what it is)

The week we were there we had temps in the 50-60 range at night and 70-80 during the day.  Perfect for being with the grandchildren (and their parents).  Our routine has been to have adult time in the morning and then get the kids for the afternoon - swim, arts & crafts, games, tubing...

A couple of mornings I spent time with my sketch book looking around at the things that had changed since our last visit.  There were new planters of flowers on the steps and around the yard.



 I particularly liked the one in the yellow chair!


But, the best thing was to look up the hill that overlooks Nelson Pond and see my son's NEW HOUSE peeking through the trees.  No, it's not nearly finished yet, but finally it is no longer a big hole in the ground.

In the early morning, I would get up and listen to the loons... and hear the distant sounds of hammering - my heart sang.


OK, I know this is way out of proportion - actually, the new house was a speck on the hill, but the image is much larger in my mind - a very important event in the life of the family.

1 comment: