Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Pastel Class

For the past four weeks I have been taking another pastel class - this one is "Face and Figure"...mainly figure.  We begin each class with warm up exercises - mostly doing gesture drawings with a live model.  I love doing this.  There are usually about 10 short poses.  Our model has been wonderful. She is a yoga instructor and maintains poses really well.  If you are doing these right, they look like wire sculptures!




Then we went on to charcoal line and value drawings. Here are a few from my 'homework.'  I didn't have a model at home so I've been using photos of children that I have stored on my computer.




These classes are always great - I meet new artists and we share stories and ideas. We start at all different levels and learn from each other.

Next comes color... I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment