Monday, July 9, 2012

First Date

A few years ago my daughter sent me a photograph of her youngest daughter (who I think must have been about 4 years old) walking to the Timonium Fairgrounds - Maryland State Fair - with a friend.  I think they must have been told that they needed to stay close together and not get lost in the crowds.  I remember thinking at the time that this these two little ones would make a wonderful painting...

In August, George and I are presenting his photographs and my paintings in a "His and Hers Show" at the St Michaels Library.  For the past few weeks we have been organizing, painting, printing, framing - generally trying to get ready.  Just a few weeks left...

I decided to do three groupings: landscape, still life and figures.  As I was going through my figure paintings trying to decide what to show, I recalled that I had not yet painted the two children.  So, I did the watercolor underpainting and then (after it dried) began the pastel.  Now, I'm not sure what to do...  I love this, but... what to do next?  They probably need to be walking on a path or something...or maybe just some kind of non descript, suggestion of something...

Help... anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment