Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pondering Fall Leaves

Remember that big pile of fall leaves that we used to jump in?  Remember the crunching sounds we heard when we ran through them?  Remember that distinctive smell when we burned the pile after we finished playing in it? I am also remembering the hot dogs and marshmallows we roasted on that fire... sadly we have learned that some of these things were not good for us, but the memories are priceless.

Well, now that all the pictures are framed and ready for the show that we are hanging next week, I had time to look through old photographs and see what I wanted to paint next.  And, I came upon several of a granddaughter who is about to turn 13 - can't believe that - when she was experiencing her fist pile of leaves. She wasn't too sure what to do.  As the oldest child, there was no one to run through them with her, so she spent some time just sitting in them and pondering.  I remember snapping several photos at the time - I love this one the best.

It's still a work in progress, but that birthday is coming up fast...


No comments:

Post a Comment