Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Graduation, Maizie!

This weekend my first granddaughter, Maizie, will graduate from the 8th grade.  (Actually, my second granddaughter is also graduating from the 8th grade, but the Baltimore County schools don't make as big a deal of it as the school that Maizie attends in Vermont...so this is about Maizie.  In the interest of 'equal time' the little gymnast in a prior post was Graeme, the other 8th grader.)

Maizie has attended Orchard Valley Waldorf School in East Montpelier, VT... forever - and she is delighted to be finishing up her final year there.  She and I have talked and messaged in the past few weeks about her dress, her shoes and the upcoming festivities.  It is all very exciting - a true rite of passage.

I have been going through lots of pictures of her recently - from those very first baby ones to various visits we have made to Vermont, vacations together in Florida and visits here in Maryland.  It continues to amaze me how the time has flown by and here we are at another milestone.

There was one picture that repeatedly caught my eye - so, of course, I had to paint it! This is soooo Maizie - she just loved to get into that paint all the way. I especially love the hand print at the top. Can't you just picture her doing that?

9x12 Pastel 


WOW, next fall, she's off to high school...lots of love and Happy Graduation, Maizie!

1 comment: