Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An Update

This is an update from my last blog. I have been tweaking the painting with the buoy, block and net. After spending a sleepless night wondering what was wrong with it, it suddenly came to me that a red buoy is NEVER #1! The BLACK/GREEN buoys are odd numbers and the RED ones are always even numbers. So, this is not a directional buoy, just a fishing one . . . but, I am still wondering why it had a 1 on it.

the mask is removed
Well, I removed the mask which was marking the fish net and the white of the paper just jumped off the page. I knew I would have to tone it down, so I have put a few washes on it. I wanted it to look a little more worn. I also played around a bit with the ropes and then cropped a bit off the top of the painting. It looked a little empty up there. I don't think the original is quite this yellow - gotta work on my camera technique.

"Buoy #1"     10x13    $150






No comments:

Post a Comment