Thursday, December 26, 2013

The second day of Christmas

You all know the saying, "It feels like the day after Christmas." Well, today I am working on changing that feeling of 'slump-ness' to one of joy.

No, I am NOT rushing out to capture the bargains offered in every store - not that kind of joy. I'm working on snuggling in to that warm, cozy feeling of having connected with family and friends. I am still listening to Christmas music and anticipating seeing more family this coming weekend on the 4th day of Christmas.

We will have guests for New Years on the 7th and 8th days of Christmas - we do not expect swans a-swimming or maids a-milking this year.

I do expect to carry this warm Christmas spirit with me and treasure this season. And on that note, I post our Christmas card on this 2nd day of Christmas.

I painted this watercolor a few years ago when I was experimenting with painting trees using a natural sponge. Dipping the damp sponge in a puddle of color and dapping it on the paper was lots of fun and I think creates a great tree!


May we all carry the spirit of this season through the year - not just until we get to those 12 drummers drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment