Thursday, February 6, 2014

Zentangle - Part Two

I don't normally post twice in one week, but this tangle 'stuff' is such fun - here is something to try.

You need to know that I love reading manuals and instructions. Yes, I am one of those who really do read the manual in a new car, read the directions to put things together and save all the manuals for reference later on.  Knowing that, you can imagine me pouring over the zentangle book and intensely viewing the instructional videos.

I have a sketch pad next to me and follow the step by step directions. Sometimes my finished drawing even looks like the picture! One of the things that I discovered is that some of the coolest looking patterns are sooo easy.

Try this: make a grid  - any size - with filled in small circles. Remember, they do NOT have to be PERFECT!











Then draw a curved line from the top circle to the one below it. Think of it as being on the "outside."

Add the next curved line on the 'inside."




Finish up the row - outside then inside . . .

Begin the second row as shown.












And then connect all the remaining rows.
Now turn your paper 90 degrees and begin again. Starting at the upper left corner . . .outside . . . and then inside.




Keep going and VOILA - you have completed the pattern! Cool, huh?














For extra challenge and satisfaction - try shading and a watercolor wash!




Of course, there will be more coming. This is too much fun to stop now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment