Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Crinkled Tree

Warning - I'm still partially in my 'crinkled paper' phase. While I was doing all the abstract-playing-with-color, I was also wondering about drawing/painting a 'thing' that I could recognize.

I began again with very wet crinkled paper. As I may have said before, watercolor paint flows onto wet paper beautifully - laying down vivid color. When it dries, it usually becomes more muted. Since I wanted to try lots of colors, I decided to paint a fall tree. I stuck a practice mat on it just to see how it might look.


It was OK, but of course, I had to fiddle with it! The next day, when it was really dry, I added more paint and defined the tree a little more. It now looks like this!



Hmmm, interesting . . . I stuck it in a frame and will continue to look at it for awhile. I kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment