Wednesday, September 16, 2015

...the week after

Last week I posted about 'THE arrangement." The week after I did that painting, I returned to class. There in the arrangement container were four dead sunflowers and some sort of trailing vine. It was difficult to lift - I guess the oasis was still wet and the container was some sort of heavy metal. Barbara asked us if we would take the whole thing and throw it out for her.

WAIT! The dead flowers had their own beauty - I wanted to paint them. Actually, I thought they were much more interesting than the gorgeous arrangement. Needless to say, I was delighted to have found something to paint that I was excited about. (I don't know what that says about ME that I thought the dead stuff more interesting . . .as they say, "I'm not going there.")

So, here is my offering today. I really like the loose, free look.


'The Day After' 8x10 watercolor  $55

It is framed and hanging on the wall at The News Center in Easton. Drop by there to see it in person and take a look at the other small paintings hanging there. That show is up until the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment