Thursday, August 18, 2016

The lighter side of art

I have been having such fun with my artwork lately. I had been thinking that I was being so serious...I needed to do something silly.

The St Michaels Art League has a Labor Day Show and Sale coming up soon. We will have artwork for sale from 34 different artists. Street banners from prior years will be on the clothesline and offered for sale along with the original banner artwork from this year.

This year we will also be featuring artists' demonstration throughout the two days. I will be offering a 'you paint' ice cream cone (just one dip cones) opportunity on Saturday afternoon. See post from July 20th.

I am signed up for two display panels. One panel will have some 'serious' art. The other one I will call "The Lighter Side of Art."

So, now I am working on a series of puns! I am doing watercolor and ink sketches for everyone to try to figure out and then giggle - or groan! (Groaning being the 'proper' response to a pun)

Here is a preview of a few of the sketches - see 'answers' below...and then drop by St Luke's Church lawn on Saturday, September 3 from10:00-5:00 or Sunday, September 4 from 12:30 to 5:00 and see more!






How did you do?

Apple Pie
Spring Training
Peace on Earth
Here's to you!

Hope you see you Labor Day weekend - come see some more...or if you have any ideas, let me know and I'll see about doing a sketch just for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment