Tuesday, November 3, 2020

October Sketches - the first half.

 The days run into each other...and suddenly it is the beginning of another month. Today is election day and I am trying to stay busy. I do not want my reptilian brain responding to 'Breaking News' - those little computer or smartphone beeps that insist that I look right away. So, I'll spend my time posting the first half of the October sketches.

Cheese or Wine - Each month begins with an either-or choice. I usually sketch them both.  Bubble Bath - I love the look of old tubs. At my age, I dare not try to get in or out of one, however. As to how these are related... soaking in this bathtub with a little wine and cheese...


Waterfall - I went to my picture file and found images of a trip to Yosemite - lots of waterfalls there. Smile - It's a tough time right now to see any smiles. We are all wearing masks. How I miss smiles! Maybe these go together to remind me to get outside and social distance so I can take off a mask.

Lipstick (plant) - I added the plant part because I didn't think a lipstick was very interesting. Spider - I looked up spiders and was really grossed out. Just going for 8 legs. Maybe she is ready to make a web on the lipstick plant.

Earthworm- When I saw this word it took me back to high school biology and how interesting it was to disect a worm. (Weird associations, I admit)  Hedge Hog - cute little guy. He actually looked cuddly in some of the pictures that I saw. I guess they both live on/under the earth.

Heavy - I don't know exactly what is on these scales, but it sure is heavy. Scarecrow -  This was fun to do. He's out in some sort of field. These two may be opposites. I always think of scarecrows as being light. They are made of straw after all.

Road - I wanted to make this a little more interesting by trying to make it a hilly road. Chicken - I first thought of a live chicken, but thought it would be easier to sketch a roasted one. I was picturing lemon-rosemary. Okay, I have a road and a chicken. It sounds like the beginning of a riddle...'Why did the chicken cross the road?'

Llama - I think the most interesting part of the llama is his upright neck and head. They do have cute expressions. Stranger - The handshake makes us more like friends than strangers...and it is missing today. The virus compels us to not touch. Hmmm, I can't imagine shaking hands with a llama, but I guess you could make friends with one.

Martini - Sort of speaks for itself... my husband likes olives or a twist of lemon. Telephone - Today's youth will not recognize this! Anyone remember talking to the operator and telling her the number? There was a time in my life that I made a drink at 5:00 and called a friend to check-in and talk about our days.


That's the first half of the month and enough for now... as 'they' say, "Stay tuned!" I think we may have several days of 'Breaking News' post-election results to avoid. 














No comments:

Post a Comment