Saturday, May 14, 2011

New baby sister

No, there are no new babies in our family right now. This painting is from an old photo - the baby is now four - but I love the look on big sister's face.  She was fascinated that she could hold this new little creature and that baby would suck on her finger!

It began as a watercolor and ended up as another pastel.  Unlike some of the other paintings I have posted this one was supposed to be a watercolor - it's on watercolor paper. Usually this means that there is a limited amount of pastel that can be put on the paper - not enough 'tooth.'  There is a little buckling which I will have to deal with before I frame it.

Also, I have been experimenting with various backgrounds - they were seated on a sofa.  I think I like the softness of an undefined 'thing' behind them.  But... I may do some more work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment