Friday, May 20, 2011

Sketching in the park

Yesterday afternoon I spent a few hours sketching in the park with a friend - by the 'back door' to St Michaels... San Domingo Creek.  What a lovely spot.  There was a cute little red sailboat just waiting to be painted.  Near it, was a larger white sailboat with a dinghy alongside.

I began just sketching the two boats... and wouldn't you know... a man came up from below on the larger boat, untied the dinghy and rowed to shore.  There went my picture.  Don't you just hate that?  Well, I then turned around and sketched several other 'scenes' in the area - the covered bridge, some rocks at waterside, a bench, canoes on racks, my friend painting...

A little while later the man came back riding his bike.  He actually apologized for ruining our paintings!  He rested his bike near a bench and a big pine tree, rowed back to his boat and tied the dinghy back in its place.  My original scene restored.

All in all - a lovely afternoon.




1 comment: