Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fresh Farm Market Basket

A couple weeks ago I was involved in a silent auction fundraiser for our local library.  We had original artwork, dinners, services, a Y membership, dolls, handmade items, etc....  There were over 50 items.

The one I had my eye on was the 'basket' of goodies from our local farmer's market.  I put basket in quotes because it was more than just a basket... yes, there was a basket with a couple loaves of bread, cheese, an onion, a gift certificate, a bag of sprouts, an organic pizza, and some funny looking things that my organic farmer son informs me were garlic scapes.  Then there was also a lovely hanging basket of petunias, some freshly cut sunflowers and a t-shirt!

The bidding was hot...  but, I won it!  Ta-da!

Many thanks to all the vendors for your generosity.  See you at the market on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, did we miss that one! I love your art and love checking your blog!

    All the best, Katie from
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete