Friday, February 3, 2012

The Water!

One of the lovely things about where we are staying is the water.  George walks to the beach every day with his chair and I guess he just sits and stares at the waves. (He says he is reading...) I look at the waves from our balcony - and don't get sandy.  From any vantage point, it is a beautiful sight... and the sound of the waves is soothing and hypnotic.

My 'swimming water of choice,' however, is the pool. There are three pools here: a small baby pool, a strange shaped pool that is 3-5 feet deep.  It has a concrete bench and some jacuzzi-like jets in it.

'My' pool is the larger, deeper one.  Every morning I watch from my balcony as Felix - the pool guy - cleans my pool.



As soon as he is finished (and sometimes even before) I walk over and I swim laps (about 1/2 mile) - it feels wonderful. So far, I have been the only one in the pool - it is mine...  When I swim, I loose myself  - my mind wanders. It is such a peaceful place - no cares, no worries. Ahhhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment