Thursday, April 9, 2020

April - Sketch a day

Several years ago I discovered Marion Boddy-Evans, an artist who posts from Scotland. A few weeks ago she included 'Monthly Word Prompts' in her blog. She said, "I hope my free printable word prompt charts from a couple of years ago ... might be an enjoyable distraction amidst all the uncertainty and social distancing." She offered blank calendars from 2018. As you can see, on each day there is a word or two to prompt a drawing. 



I printed out the April calendar, but I thought the space was a little confining - so I got out one of my small sketchbooks.

Here is the first week of April:







I am hoping that I can discipline myself to keep up with this for a month or two. It is an uncertain time. I think this structure will help with some of this virus anxiety! 

You can find out more about Marion Boddy-Evans here. https://marion.scot/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment