Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Another page in the book

My painting group's project of painting in the accordion books that we pass around (see blog post Group Project, March 12) seems to have come to a halt. Since we haven't been with each other for several weeks, it's on hold for now.

However, in looking around for things to paint, I decided to tackle another page in the book. I know we are all feeling the loss of touching right now. So that was my theme.

I took 'zillions' of pictures of my hands and tried to put them together to make this happen...

Here's a first sketch:



I tried some watercolor wash on the sketch paper...


Then did it in the book...that's always a little scary. Trying not to ruin someone else's book! 


Here's the final version. I changed the word placement a little.


Someday, we will really be able to reach out and touch someone once again. Hope everyone is safe and observing the CDC guidelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment