Friday, July 17, 2020

Dog Days of Summer

I don't think I have ever posted two days in a row, but this is an unusual time. Before I upload any paintings, I confess that I am getting a little quirky... (I believe quirky was a word that a friend used to describe me recently, so maybe I'm not just becoming quirky...  let's say Quirky 2.0)

So, what's going on today? My art group looks for a theme each week. I like having a focus - something to get me kick-started. This week our local art museum posted the theme "Dog Days of Summer."

It has gotten very hot here in the mid-Atlantic area and COVID-19 is spiking in our county... hmmm, the 'dog days of 2020.'

What if...???

I began thinking about all the dog paintings that I have done over the years... maybe they are a place to start. I went to my photo file and sorted through pastels and watercolors. I settled on six paintings and printed them out onto watercolor paper.

Then I began to give them a 2020 look...







But, then I thought, dogs are not known for transmitting this virus... so perhaps ...



I can't see these little girls smiling now, but they were in the original paintings!

I do so miss seeing the faces of my friends...and others I meet at the grocery store, etc. I miss smiles!

May we all stay safe and wear a mask! You are not just caring for yourself when you cover up, you are showing that you are for the people you are with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment