Thursday, July 16, 2020

June - sketch a day





Yep, I'm still doing the daily sketches with the word prompts.  This is the month of June...
Unfortunately, the sketchbook paper is off white, so it doesn't photograph well...and my Photoshop keeps crashing when I try to manipulate...  Don't we just love electronics...when they work!

Last month I tied to figure out how things were related. Since my small sketchbook has room for two days on each page, here's another attempt to see how things might - or might not - fit. 


June 1 stands alone - Toast or Bread...  Apparently, each month begins with a question.

Bulldozer and and Caterpillar are on the same page. It occurred to me that they could be the same thing. Caterpillar makes large machinery. However, I have always loved the children's book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"     
Insect and Snake - I have this thing about snakes and just cannot bring myself to draw one...thus the plumbers snake...a very useful tool!
   

Danger and Hippopotamus - they could easily go together.
Mermaid and Rapunzel - Possible two stories about young maidens...
    


Wind and Snowflake - I liked the idea of a fall wind blowing the leaves off the tree. That would be followed by snowflakes... I confess, I got a little carried away when I began drawing the snowflake. It does not look light and airy. ..and it just kept getting worse!
Seaweed and Puffin - Hmmm, theme could be water...
     

Shark and Frying Pan - now there's a challenge. I guess you could fry a shark steak... not sure I want to go out and catch one right now.
Birthday and Armageddon  - I see birthday as a fun celebration and armageddon as NOT. For me, this is a page of opposites - I love celebrating birthdays...but I imagine some people do not!

     

Teacher and Woodpecker - How do I make that work? I supposed I could have drawn the teacher with red hair... Really? Sometimes it's OK to NOT find a connection. Maybe someone else has an idea.
Baobab Tree and Giraffe - I think both these things might be part of a safari adventure. Although, that has not been on my bucket list. I did love seeing the giraffes at the Baltimore Zoo when my children were little.
       

Elephant and Fairy - Must be another page of opposites! Large/small, heavy/light. Or, maybe another idea would be 'magical.' One of my granddaughters loves elephants. They would be magical for her.
Tree House and Sleep - And, speaking of magic... what about building and then sleeping in your own treehouse? It's a child's dream come true!
        

Early and Tattoo - I don't know anyone who loves their alarm clock. Who wants to get up early? Unless you possibly had an appointment to go get a tattoo?
Nurse and Xray - Certainly these belong together...it's the medical page.
       

And the final prompt in June is Sign. There are so many things that could be sketched for sign...road signs, signs of seasons, ads, ... Lately, we have seen more and more people signing public announcements. I am always fascinated by the way they use their hands to communicate words. I offer this for the end of June.

We are now halfway into July... more to come next month!








No comments:

Post a Comment