Sunday, September 12, 2021

What do you see? Part 2

 The exhibit of some of my acrylic pour paintings at the Y in St. Michaels has been hanging for almost two weeks now. It has been fun hearing from people about what they see...and the fact that they comment at all.  But, most exciting is that I have sold some of the paintings! I never know if anyone will be interested in this type of art - it is really different from what usually is appreciated in this area. 

As an example,...the day I was taking two sold paintings off the wall to give them to a buyer, I was replacing them with two others. A Y patron came by and did some 'hmmm' staring at the artwork. I suggested to her that she take a look and see what she could see. She looked briefly at the wall and simple stated that she really liked seascapes and boat paintings. (I almost burst out laughing, but instead said something like I knew that these were really different!)

So, here is the rest of the exhibit.

This is "Swimming Upstream" that I blogged about a few weeks ago. 
I can't part with it yet. It is not for sale.



"Universe"? or you name it. 



Untitled - I always thought this had a Native American look to it.



"Space Dog" my daughter named this - she has a little white dog. 
This one has been sold.



My art group thought this had a UFO look about it. You name it...



I called this "White Flame" but it could be snow-capped mountain?



"Swimming with friends" The gallery wall at the Y is on the way to the pool. If you zoom in for a close up on this one you can see some really interesting texture looking effects.



I originally thought this looked like a rocky coast. 
My art group suggested "Magma."



I have no idea what this is. It was one of the early pours that I did. 
The colors are quite different and it has kind of grown on me.

These last four are not yet hanging, but are framed and ready if I need to replace any others that get sold. 
Some kind of a flower maybe?

Lots of color! 
I didn't sign this one because I think it could be hung in different directions!

Untitled - it certainly is blue...

These are unusual colors and I think very interesting.

The exhibit will be hanging for the month of September. Stop by and take a look up close!




























No comments:

Post a Comment