Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Pouring over glass - part 2

 I found these photos after I posted the last pouring story. These tell the story even better. I found several empty glass vases on the shelf...all shapes and sizes. This was an unusual one so I took a lot of pictures.

Started with this...


One of the challenges is to try to find something that can hold this shape upside down. A paper cup should work since the lip of the vase won't touch the cup.


It was a little tricky to get the paint to run down the raised parts of this vase...it wanted to just go in the crevasses. I think I had to 'assist' it in a few places to get it started. I love to watch the paint run! It's very different on the sides from what it looks like near the the lip (bottom on the picture).


Here it is before the resin - the finish is a little dull. The lip looks shiny because that is the glass with the paint on the underside. It reminds me of the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.


Since I pour the paint on the bottom of the vase - the top of this picture - it has its own design. I love the 'surprise' when I turn it upside down after it is completed!

Here's another shape. This was an old wine glass that had an outdated logo on it. I scraped off the old paint. I didn't have anything to put it on, so it went on a cup. Bad move...  see what happened! Showing you all three sides - they are all so different.



I had to peel the cup off of this one!
Notice all the run off...I am fascinated by the drip patterns.


Here are two views of the glass after I got it off the cup.


And, here are these two after they have had two coats of resin.


More to come...








No comments:

Post a Comment