Saturday, September 4, 2021

What do you see?

This is the sign that I posted this week on the gallery wall at the St. Michaels Y. On September 1st I hung a solo exhibit of some of my acrylic pour paintings.

These paintings are abstract shapes and colors. As I have shown them to my art group and others, everyone sees something different in them. Titles for each painting limit what you see, so I left most of the exhibit untitled. 

I also posted another sign that suggested closing an eye, squinting, looking sideways, using your imagination... and make up your own title to the painting.

Here are some of the paintings in the exhibit... will post more next week. 
A friend titled this one
"Hokey-Pokey, you put your right foot in..."




untitled - someone suggested "Colonoscopy"  PLEASE suggest something else!




"Owl in a limb"   Can you see it?




Possibly...."Motion"  maybe YOU can do better!




"Red Pepper" or "Red Whale" ?????




untitled.... ????

That's half of the exhibit. If you are in the area, stop by the full exhibit and write down some titles!  The Y is located behind the high school.  Address is 300 Seymore Ave.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment