Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Leaves

This is another in my yupo paper study series. This time I used blue and yellow to create an abstract background. After I put the paint on the paper, I turned it around in several directions. I really like the way the paint oozes around on the paper. The blues, yellows and greens have their own ideas about where and how to mix it up! (It's kind of hard to see the delicious ooze in this small size...I tried to make it bigger and it was off the page!)



I let it dry and, of course, couldn't decide what was there. So, I took my spray bottle and lightly misted it. Interesting texture began to develop. Then I gave it a couple of strong spray shots of water and added a little more interest by lifting color with a balled up wet paper towel.


I let it dry and came back to it a few days later. (after I had done the puzzle pieces on the prior painting) I was thinking that this looked sort of lacy and I loved the color...  I got out the fun foam pieces and began to cut out leaf shapes. I think I ended up with 4 or 5 different shapes and sizes of leaves.

I wet each shape, placed it on the dry paper, picked it up and blotted the paper with a paper towel. I love this effect.


I guess the question now is, do use the whole thing or pick out some smaller portions? Lovin' the crop tool!



Who knows, I might end up with several paintings from one!


No comments:

Post a Comment