Sunday, June 2, 2019

Life Interrupts - follow-up

Looking at my last post, I must say that this process on yupo paper had me somewhat stymied. I still couldn't find any 'things' in what had been done so far. Time to go back to basics.

We were told... if you like portraits, you will see faces. If you like trees and birds, you will see them. If you like water...and so forth.

Well, I like puzzles - and, this was surely a puzzle. Hmmm, maybe that's it. I began to cut out puzzle piece shapes from foam stickers. (I have had art bins for my grandchildren for years - lots of stickers to cut up!)

Since one of the properties of yupo paper is that the paint doesn't stick to it, I would try to lift some of the color. I wet a puzzle shape and gently put it on the paper. I pressed it down and then removed it. A quick blot with a paper towel, most of the paint lifts off and there is a shape!


That was interesting and fun! I experimented with two different shape cutouts and then tried to use the foam shape as a stamp. I applied paint to the stamp and put it on the paper.


A few more lifts and stamps and it just might be a piece of art...

"It's puzzling" 

A quick look at the foam cutouts... I stuck them to more foam as a backing. Easy to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment