Monday, June 15, 2015

Playing with possibilities - Chapter one

It's summer - the busyness of my life is slowing down a bit. Ahhh, time to play.

A year or so ago, a friend gave me several sheets of 90 pound watercolor paper. It is much lighter than what I usually paint on and I wasn't sure what to do with it. "Wet it," she said, "and crinkle it up. You'll be intrigued by the texture."

Hmmm, interesting idea. I decided to experiment. I soaked the paper and crushed it into a tight ball. Then I unfolded the ball and looked at a very messed up piece of paper!  Well, I had gone this far, why not give it a try. While the paper was still very wet and wrinkled I dropped color on it.


The color settled in the creases and also spread in other surprising directions. 

There may be possibilities for cropping and having some fascinating abstracts here. Try rotating this in different directions and/or using just sections . . .



  
Playing with possibilities! Having lots of fun.

And then I discovered something else . . .more possibilities for another day.  Tune in for the second chapter to this story . . .next post coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment