Monday, June 22, 2015

Possibilities - Chapter Three!

My last post was part two of my 'crinkled paper phase' . . .I keep experimenting. After washing off my last effort, I let the paper dry for a couple days and then went back to it today.

I think what I liked about it after washing it off was the softer edges  - the bolder colors were great, but there was something about all the hard edges that I thought I would like, but didn't. Hmmm, more playing to be done.

I re-wet the paper and began floating some darks around what I had thought of as 'flowers.' The edges did soften. I then added more color to the spidery starbursts! This is what watercolor does best - wonderful color surprises.

I tried cropping it a little differently and stood back to give it a look.  Now I am seeing colorful jellyfish floating in dark water - or maybe just fuzzier flowers?

8x10 matted watercolor - "Emerging Flowers"   $40


Any thoughts?  What do you see? Is it ready for a signature and frame?

No comments:

Post a Comment