Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Playing with possibilities - Chapter Two

Picking up from Chapter one (see previous post) . . . after I had looked at several possibilities of cropping the crinkled paper painting, I happened to turn the paper over!

WOW - on the reverse side were more possibilities. Since the paper is relatively thin, the paint from the front side had bled through and made some very interesting tracings of color. The color followed the creases in the paper and looked a little like bursts of pastel color.

Unfortunately, at this point I did not stop and take a photo of the reverse side of this painting. It would be fun to just see the starbursts.

As I stared at this new revelation, I saw flowers . . . Perhaps a little "negative painting" (painting around the 'thing' rather than painting the 'thing.') would bring them out.


Can you see the starbursts of color?

I think there are too many flowers here. I got a little carried away.

What if I crop this in different ways?



Better - less busy, but still not something I want to sign and frame. Maybe too bold? The voice in my head reminds me that "It's only paper" so I washed it off.


Not sure what to do next - going to let it sit for another day or two and then play with it some more.

I'm in my crushed paper phase. Stay tuned for Chapter Three . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment